- These terms and conditions apply to The Mason Mile Mascot Competition, which is being promoted on, but not limited to our social media sites, local schools and at our summer events. (“the Competition”)
- The instructions provided on our website and across our social media channels form part of the terms and conditions of the Competition, in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The promotor of the competition is The Mason Foundation (Charity Registration Number 1150662) who deliver The Mason Mile and associated programmes.
- By submitting an entry into the competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is designed for children and young people between the ages of 5 – 16
- Entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 18 on behalf of the child by Tuesday 31st August 2021.
- Entries can be posted to the address below, or alternatively, entries can be handed in at one of our summer 2021 events which are advertised on our website https://www.themasonmile.com
The Mason Foundation
PO Box 984
- The winner will be selected and notified by email during the week commencing 27th September 2021.
- If the email is not responded to after 5 working days, from the initial contact date, the winner will be contacted by telephone.
- If we are unable to reach the winner after 10 working days, the judging panel will select another winner.
- Entries will not be accepted from the following:
- Our employees (or the immediate family members of such employees)
- Agents or third parties
- Entries automatically generated by computer.
- Entry is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
- Only one design per entrant will be permitted.
- We will only accept entrants from our 5 areas of project delivery, which are: Maidstone, Thanet, Medway, Southwark, and Thamesmead.
- Designs will be considered by a judging panel.
- Our decision on all matters relating to the competition shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Competition and/or review these terms and conditions at any time. We will endeavour to avoid any disappointment or disadvantage to those who have already entered.
- Due to the large amount of competition entries, we will not be able to return your design to you, if you would like to keep your design make sure you take a copy of it before sending the original to us.
- We reserve the right to share all entries through all Mason Foundation social media and marketing channels
- The prize will include an opportunity for the winning entrant to have a 1-hour session with a design team to bring their creation to life. This session will be arranged at a suitable venue local to the winning entrant.
- The winning entrant will require a parent or guardian to attend the session with them
- Travel expenses to the session will not be reimbursed, The Mason Foundation will make every effort to ensure that the venue is accessible to the winning entrant via road and public transport.
- The Mason Foundation will provide the winning entrant with a scaled soft toy version of their mascot design free of charge and within a reasonable timeframe.
- The winners name, age and location will be published on our website and social media accounts.
- The Mason Foundation will work to secure local press coverage of the winner and their prize.
- The winning entrant will be expected to be photographed during the prize design session and these images will be used to promote the Mascot and The Mason Foundation across our website, social media platforms and in the local press.
- The winning entrant agrees to comply with a reasonable request to provide a photo of themselves with the soft toy mascot that is provided to them.
- The design should embody The Mason Mile and its values (which can be found on the design form)
- The winning entry is the inspiration for, but not the final design of the mascot. We reserve the right to change the chosen entry in any way to ensure that the mascot design is suitable for its intended purpose.
- The winning entry will be developed by our appointed design company and a professional illustrator.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to:
- Assign us with full title guarantee and all Intellectual Property rights to your competition entry and waive all moral rights to such entry.
- At our request, use all reasonable endeavours to promptly execute such documents and perform such acts as may be reasonably required to give effect to this agreement.
- You confirm that your competition entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Entrants’ personal data will only be processed by us for the purposes of administering and assessing this Competition in accordance with the above terms and conditions.
- Except for the winning entry, all personal information contained in entries will be deleted within six months of the competition closing date.
- We have a legitimate interest to publish information about the winner for promotional purposes set out in ‘The Winner’ section above and to comply with Advertising Standards Authority requirements.